Dental bonding is a cosmetic dental procedure used to restore chipped, cracked, broken or discolored teeth. The bonding material is a tooth-colored composite resin. It is an effective way to improve the look of your smile in just one dental visit. Dental bonding usually does not require anesthetic and can dramatically improve your smile.
At Fair Lakes Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, Dr. Tran and Dr. Nguyen are trained in all aspects of cosmetic dentistry and restorative procedures. Dental bonding is a minimally invasive and time-effective restoration that offers many benefits including:
- Reshape teeth that are chipped or cracked
- Close spaces between teeth
- Lengthen teeth so your smile is uniform and even
- Improve the appearance of your smile
WHAT TO EXPECT
After a cosmetic consultation with one of our dental providers, we can help determine if dental bonding is the right procedure for you. Our team will then:
- Determine the color of composite resin that will best match your other teeth
- Etch or abrade the surface of the tooth to roughen it, which helps the composite resin adhere
- Prepare the tooth for the tooth-colored resin material
- Apply resin, mold, shape and smooth it until it is in the proper shape
- Harden the bonding material with an ultraviolet light
- Polish, trim and shape tooth to match the rest of the teeth
Bonding material is not quite as strong as your natural tooth, therefore it is important to take care of the bonded tooth or teeth by not chewing on hard substances like ice, pens or fingernails. Dental bonding should be quite durable and long-lasting if you take care of the restoration.